SAP Power BI Interface
Xtract Universal – Power BI Destination
Integrate your SAP data in your Power BI Destination – fast, straight-forward and user-friendly.
SAP Business Process Integration
The main features of Xtract Universal with Power BI
Xtract Universal enables an integration between your SAP ERP or SAP BW system and Power BI. We suggest an implementation of an interim data warehouse between SAP and Power BI for this scenario. This interim data warehouse will be filled by Xtract Universal (semi-)automatically. This solution goes easy on the SAP resources and constitutes a central administration of all data which were extracted from SAP, without to contradict the self-service idea. Therefore, you can use an on premise SQL Server, an Azure data warehouse or another data warehouse, which is managed by Xtract Universal. If you are interested in an integration of your SAP ERP or SAP BW system and Power Pivot you can find more information here.
- Integration of Power BI and SAP via Xtract Universal
- Interim data warehouse as a staging area
- Resource-efficient and central administration of SAP data
- Different data warehouses as an interim data warehouse
Generally speaking, data extraction from SAP to Power BI can be modeled in different ways depending on the desired architecture and how it will fit into an existing customer landscape:
- The first option ist that Xtract Universal extracts SAP data directly to Power BI (Cloud) without any intermediate storage or middleware. In this approach a dataset is created in Power BI and the SAP data are inserted into the dataset.
- The second option is to fill a database or data warehouse (e.g. SQL Server, Azure Datawarehouse, etc.) using the concept of Instant Data Warehousing, and subsequently accessing the data with Power BI.
- The third and latest approach offers a direct integration of a Xtract Universal Custom Connector into the list of data sources of Power BI. This enables seamless SAP integration for Power BI Desktop, Power BI service (via Microsoft’s On-premises data gateway) and Power BI Report server. For those cases which can´t be covered by the Custom Connector, Xtract Universal provides a dedicated M-script.
Seamless integration of SAP and Microsoft at PUMA
Bridge for the gap between Kanban and SAP-System
Interoperability between SharePoint and SAP
INCLUDE DATA IN POWER BI TARGET ENVIRONMENT
Your advantages with Xtract Universal & Power BI
- Based on SAP certified technology*
- Integrate your SAP data in your Power BI destination
- Very fast installation and configuration
- Fast, simple & user-friendly; programming knowledge not necessary
- Minimal to zero intrusion in your SAP system
- Cross-module and module independent
Show more advantages
- Business logic is available
- Robust, standardized process for incremental loads (Delta logic)
- Central security concept
- Central monitoring and process monitoring for complete control of SAP access
- Cost savings through optimal integration, no friction losses
*Our SAP certified product ERPConnect provides the kernel for all our products and is responsible for the connection to each SAP system.