Xtract IS - Plug'n'Play for SAP and SQL Server Integration Services
„Xtract IS is a really intelligent interface thanks to the available delta logic - and it also comes at a very fair price."
Christof Meier, Project Manager in charge at JUST AG
Integrate your mySAP or SAP BW system with SQL Server Integration Services. With a few clicks of the mouse, you can extract mass data with high performance and stability.
The Xtract IS Component Suite offers nine components to provide all kinds of SAP interface technologies. Implement your data flows in a secure and type-safe way with a graphical editor.
Xtract IS Table is a data source component for SQL Server Integration Services SQL Server (SQL Server 2005-2014).
It lets you extract mass data directly from SAP data tables.
To optimize the system load and network traffic, only the columns explicitly marked by the user are extracted.
It is also possible to process nearly any WHERE statement to suit the data to the user’s needs.
The image below shows a sample data flow created with Xtract IS. Two tables are extracted before being merged in the data flow (purchase order headers and order lines). The dialog box shows the component editor that is fully integrated in Visual Studio.
- Native support for unicode and 64-bit processors
- Data extraction can be processed in packets to handle large amounts of data
- Asynchronous processing of data packets
- SSIS variables for dynamic WHERE statements
- Type safety and meta data support by 100% from SAP’s data dictionary
The Table Join Component allows to mix/merge several tables. It is possible to join tables for document headers and items into one single resultset.
The Join-process takes place entirely within the SAP system, which does not require to download each single table anymore.
- Table-comprehensive selection criteria
- Creating a view in SAP manually not necessary anymore
- Supports aggregations and criteria within the aggregation
- Granularity of data will be scaled down
- Optimization of extraction performance
SAP queries are so popular as data suppliers because tables can be joined on the SAP end without any developer authorization. With Xtract IS Query, you can make your SAP queries directly available in the Integration Services. With a graphical user interface and full metadata support, the result is available for further processing within seconds.
As with every SAP query, variants can also be applied here. Alternatively or in addition, it is also possible to fill the selection screen with your own selection values. The variant and all selection parameters can be dynamically entered via SSIS variables.
The screenshot below shows a data flow that extracts a demo query with the help of Xtract IS and transfers it to an OLE DB target. The dialog window shows the query in the processing mode.
- Table joins without SAP developer rights
- Native support for Unicode and 64-bit processors
- Dynamic adjustment of the selection and variant through SSIS variables
- Type reliability thanks to metadata support
With the Xtract IS BAPI component you can call BAPIs or RFC function modules directly from your SSIS data flow. In doing so, the component can be regarded as a source, trans-formation or target.
Scalar import and export parameters are read or stored from the SSIS variables. The in-bound or outbound tables can each be linked with a pipeline or static data. If individual module tables are not needed, they can of course be ignored.
The screenshot below shows an example of how the BAPI_MATERIAL_GETLIST module is filled with two tables (and in such, with two SSIS pipelines). Two additional tables are re-turned from the module and processed. The scalar parameter MAXROWS is made dynamic with the help of the SSIS variable @[User:Rowcount].
Xtract IS BAPI supports native 64-bit processors and Unicode SAP systems.
Xtract IS BW Cube is a data source for SQL Server Integration Services (2005 - 2014) with which datasets can be extracted from SAP BW InfoCubes and BW queries.
The dimensions, key figures and attributes to be transferred can simply be dragged and dropped into the query output. This turns complex, cubic data structures into relational data that are easy to handle.
The image below shows the data source editor for a demo cube.
- Native support for Unicode and 64-bit processors
- Support of BW variables (even complex selection criteria)
- Dynamic adjustment through SSIS variables
- Value output can be adjusted as formatted or non-formatted (e.g. for scaling factors)
- Packeting function for large amounts of data
Compared to traditional BW extraction via the OLAP API, the Open Hub Services (OHS) were developed by SAP so that the extraction of BW data could be made available for further electronic processing instead of just pure reporting.
The Xtract IS OHS component supports all of the possibilities inherent to OHS extraction:
- Extremely large data volumes through packaging and asynchronous background processes
- Delta extracts
- Not just cubes, but also InfoObjects, ODS objects, texts etc.
- Extraction definition with the help of InfoSpokes (BW 3.5) or data transfer processes (BI 7.0)
The following image shows the editor at design time. Different modes are supported (e.g. triggering of a process chain for extraction).
With the Xtract IS BW Loader data target, you can reroute data streams within your SSIS data flow directly in your SAP BW system.
The corresponding BW InfoPackage is automatically triggered and filled in.
Of course, the component is based exclusively on the required SAP standard (staging BAPIs for third-party vendors).
The following screenshot shows how the pipeline elements can be linked within the Integration Services with the transfer structure.
According to the SAP BW standard it is possible to load the data into one or more data targets. The image below shows the InfoPackage-Monitor for monitoring the Load-Requests.
Unfortunately, Open Hub Services do not support extraction from BW hierarchies. Due to this, the Xtract IS Hierarchy component was developed. It makes it possible to extract all hierarchy types from the BW. The image below shows the component at the design time. If necessary, hierarchy texts can also be read in.
The Xtract IS Report data source for SSIS allows you to use existing ABAP reports or ABAP programs as data sources within the SSIS data flow. This technique is often used in the area of FI/CO reporting. In a lot of cases, a comprehensive pool of such reports has accumulated over the years and simply cannot be replaced or reengineered.
With the Xtract IS Report component you can protect your investments, because existing logic doesn’t have to be reengineered, it can simply be reused.
The screenshot below shows the component in the layout preview. The input values (select options) are filled with values (SSIS variables if necessary). With the help of a graphical tool, the report output is split up into columns that generates the query output for further processing.
- Use of variants is possible (even dynamic per variable)
- Even complex reports based on an ALV grid can be generated
- Extremely long reports are supported by asynchronous techniques (no RFC timeout)
The Xtract IS DeltaQ component forms the top class of the BI components for SAP access by SSIS. With its help, the Extractor API in SAP R/3 can be addressed and in such, the functionality with which BW systems also secure their data supply from the production system can be used.
- Real transaction-secure delta transfer of data
- Support of all master and transaction data including own generic extractors
- No installation in SAP required
- All business contents are available immediately even though no application-specific knowledge (e.g. about the tables’ structure) is required.
The following screenshot shows the editor for the data source 2LIS_12_VCITM. It provides the delivery positions. Three extraction modi are available: “Full” for a complete extraction (without delta); “Delta Init” for a delta initialization; “Delta” for the real delta update that is done via the R/3 delta queue (transaction RSA7).
Every DeltaQ source has two outputs: one for the data (DeltaQDataOutput) and one for the protocol (DeltaQLogOutput). The best method is to write off the protocol in the data target. For Delta mechanisms in particular, a detailed protocol can be very helpful when troubeshooting. The data output correlates with the checkmarked columns (and the RequestID). The protocol output always has the same columns.
cMORE/Connect for SAP from pmOne AG is the perfect tool if you are looking for a faster way to build an enterprise-class data warehouse with your SAP data.
Integrate your SAP and other data with much less development effort and SAP Certified connectivity.
- Automates building ETL processes for bringing virtually any (standard or custom) SAP data into Microsoft SQL Server and Microsoft APS
- Prebuilt Business Content (flexible analytical databases with a variety of metrics) for jump-starting a data warehouse
- Makes managing ETL processes for multiple (Dev, Test, Production) environments or instances of SAP ECC and SAP BI (SAP BW) much easier
- Based on SAP certified technology*
- Minimal to zero modification in your SAP system
- Very fast installation and configuration
- Fast, simple, user-friendly; programming knowledge not necessary
- Cross-module and module independent
- 100 % type safety with full meta data support
- Business logic is available
- Robust, standardized process for incremental loads (Delta Logic)
- Seamless integration for both read and write
- Cost savings through optimal integration, no friction losses
*Our SAP certified product ERPConnect provides the kernel for all our products and is responsible for the connection to each SAP system.
If you can't find an answer here, please write to us at email@example.com.
Is Xtract IS certified by SAP?
Xtract IS is based on our SAP certified product ERPConnect.
Which SAP and Microsoft releases are supported?
Xtract IS integrates itself in the Business Intelligence Studio of the SQL Servers 2005 - 2014.
On the SAP side, SAP release 4.0B or BW 3.0 is the minimum requirement.
What about license fees?
Xtract IS is licensed per server. An unlimited number of SAP systems and developers is covered. There are two different license packages, depending on which components you want to use.
What about maintenance?
Every license comes with six months of maintenance. Apart from technical support via phone or email, this also includes updates for all versions that are released within this period. After the six-month maintenance period is over, an additional year of maintenance can be purchased for 20% of the license fee. There is no right for updates after expiration of maintenance.
Do you offer consulting services for my SAP-interface as well?
Yes. We provide the consulting you want and need. From a single-day workshop up to a complete interface solution. Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.