ERPConnect Services - Connect Microsoft SharePoint and SAP seamlesssly
ERPConnect Services consists of three components for seamless, straightforward integration of SharePoint and your SAP ERP / BW system. It does not require any additional middleware – the integration takes place entirely within the SharePoint stack.
Take a look at the advantages of ERPConnect Services:
ERPConnect Services Runtime gives .NET developers the opportunity to use SharePoint as a data hub while accessing SAP.
Access can be enabled through Visual Web parts, Silverlight and local .NET applications like for example MS Office Add-Ins.
All security-relevant requirements are solved by a pre-configured access to the SharePoint Secure Store and other Single Sign-On mechanisms. An optional plugin for Visual Studio allows to design SAP interfaces with the help of a sophisticated graphical designer.
This component allows you to connect SharePoint lists with SAP objects or tables – completely without programming knowledge:
- Publish SAP data fast and simple as external content types in SharePoint 2010 and 2013 and use it in external lists, data columns as well as Business Webparts.
- Fast implemenation: Realize a pilot scheme for SharePoint-SAP-Integration in just one day.
- Expandability: Customers and partners are able to export BCS models as Visual Studio Solutions and expand it according to their own requirements.
- Access data in read and write mode.
Create your data model in the main dialog of the BCS Connector...
...and generate a corresponding SharePoint list with just a few clicks:
The WebService Designer offers a powerful, easy-to-use tool to design and deploy web services to SharePoint that wrap even complicated SAP processes in a clean and simple web service interface. SharePoint architects can make use of a variety of tools and technologies to combine SAP function modules (BAPIs) and SAP-Table accesses graphically to a program sequence. Several of these processes can be bundled and published as a single web service in SharePoint. The web service will be available for different consumers.
Besides SharePoint-Apps or web parts also mobile applications (iOS, Android or WinRT) can use SharePoint as data hub for SAP connectivity. Web services are not only used as a typical SOAP web service, but also for OData-Applications like Lightswitch.
The layer which takes authentication and coordination of connection to SAP is controlled by ECS Runtime in the central administration. So in the arrangement of SSO-Scenarios or personified accesses to SharePoint Secure Store there are no limits.
If desired, developers can rework all scenarios and functions designed by themselves also directly in Visual Studio.
ERPConnect Services simplifies the integration of SAP data into your SharePoint environment. Customers that use Nintex Workflow or Nintex Forms in their SharePoint environment can utilize ERPConnect Services to access SAP data in their workflow scenarios. Nintex Workflow Automation Platform is the world leading SharePoint add-on-software for designing business workflows in a comfortable way using a graphical designer. With Nintex Forms, also an add-on tool delivered by Nintex, nice looking input forms for workflows can be easily created – as well for mobile devices.
Combining the strengths of SAP, SharePoint, ERPConnect Services and the Nintex Workflow Automation platform leads to a number of benefits:
- Allows shifting processes: With SAP integration to SharePoint you can bring SAP-bound and sometimes rarely used actions into a well-known and heavily used platform.
- No media disruption: By bringing processes from several environments (e.g. SAP, CRM, etc.) into one portal you eliminate manual and repetitive data entry. That means you can increase efficiency.
- Cutting developer costs: SAP integration with Nintex does not require any developer skills, which saves time and costs.
- Reduction of training time: Business processes will be handled in a familiar and more intuitive way. That means lower training costs.
- Increased usability: Efficiency and usability is increased compared to the standard SAP GUI experience.
- Flexible data hub: Existing SharePoint infrastructure can be used for mobile SharePoint applications which leads to less development effort (Office 365).
- Simple process modeling: With the Nintex Workflow designer you can easily adjust or expand existing workflow scenarios according to your individual requirements.
- Mobile ready: With Nintex Forms used as a data input cockpit it is very simple to design templates for mobile devices like smartphones or tablet PCs.
Take a look on our Whitepaper about SAP integrated Travel Management solutions. Two interconnected workflow scenarios for travel requests and travel expenses have been built with the Nintex Workflow Automation Platform and ERPConnect Services. Both solutions are compatible with the Nintex Mobile App and can be configured for all common mobile devices. Take a look on our Online-Help for a detailed technical documentation and installation guide.
Travel Request workflow::
Travel Expenses form (desktop version):
Nintex Forms designer:
Nintex Workflow Designer:
Travel Request solution in Nintex Mobile App for Tablet PCs:
Request approval in Nintex Mobile App for Smartphones:
With ERPConnect Services, access to SAP data in Nintex Workflow and Nintex Forms is provided in the following ways
1. Using the Nintex Workflow Custom Actions (Call SAP function, Read SAP table and Query XQL) for the direct SAP integration in Nintex.
2. Using web services that are created with the WebService Designer without programming based on SAP and integrate these web services in Nintex Workflow. You will find an example for how the Call Web Service action can be used in our WhitePaper about Nintex Workflow Integration.
3. Using External Lists that are created with the BCS Connector without programming based on SAP. These External Lists can be integrated directly into Nintex Workflow or Nintex Forms.
It depends on the individual case which option will be suitable for integrating SAP data in your Nintex scenario. There are several application examples in our OnlineHelp for the three possibilities listed above. Some examples are delivered as templates and can be directly implemented and configured to your individual requirements.
- Based on SAP certified technology*
- Direct connection from SharePoint to SAP, no additional middleware
- Very fast installation and configuration
- Code- and no-Code-solution for developer and architects
- Read and write access to SAP objects with SharePoint Business Connectivity Services
- Model complex SAP process graphically and deploy to SharePoint
- Visual-Studio-Plugin for .NET developers
- Support of non-Microsoft technologies like Android and iOS
- Single Sign-On between SharePoint and SAP
- Integration of SharePoint Secure Store for credential administration
- Entire configuration within SharePoint central administration
- Full support of Load Balancing in large SharePoint-Farms
- Guarantee that future SharePoint- und SAP-Releases will be supported
*Our SAP certified product ERPConnect provides the kernel for all our products and is responsible for the connection to each SAP system
If you can't find an answer here, please write to us at email@example.com.
Is ERPConnect Services certified by SAP?
ERPConnect Services is based on our SAP certified product ERPConnect.
Which SAP and Microsoft releases are supported?
ERPConnect Services integrates itself seamlessly in SharePoint 2010 and 2013.
On the SAP side, SAP release 4.0B or BW 3.0 is the minimum requirement.
What are the benefits of ERPConnect Services in comparison to Duet Enterprise for Microsoft SharePoint and SAP?
See here our detailed comparison.
What about license fees?
Please contact us in case of licensing questions. We will be happy to answer your questions.
What about maintenance?
Every license comes with six months of maintenance. Apart from technical support via phone or email, this also includes updates for all versions that are released within this period. After the six-month maintenance period is over, an additional year of maintenance can be purchased for 20% of the license fee.
There is no right for updates after expiration of maintenance.
Do you offer consulting services for my SAP-interface as well?
Yes. We provide the consulting you want and need. From a single-day workshop up to a complete interface solution. Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.